We love our friends!
We also love animals!
So when a friend of ours came to us with the idea of writing a benefit book for the animal shelters, I thought we would be failing her as a friend if we didn’t do all we could to help her out!
We are looking for
Dog & Cat Adoption Stories!!
I’m collaborating on a book of short stories about adopted dogs and cats. A portion of book sale proceeds will go to a local shelter. If you’ve adopted a dog or cat from a shelter or a rescue organization, and you are interested in submitting your story for consideration to be included in this book, please see the guidelines below.
- Create your own story. Write it as if you are talking to a friend about your pet. No need to worry about grammar or spelling. We will review and edit to fit within the perimeters of the book’s style and tone. Just tell us about you and your pet in your own words. We will contact you if we need more information.
- Your story should be between 500 and 1000 words in length.
- Gather 2 or 3 photos of your pet. (we’ll request these later on. Photos must be in .jpg format and high quality print.)
- Submit your story to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By submitting your story to us, you are giving us the authority to edit and publish your story in our print and e-book, along with the photos you provide.
- If we choose to publish your story, we will contact you to let you know and we will gladly forward you final story for you to review for accuracy of facts.
Some questions to consider when writing your story are:
- Stats: adoption date, age of pet, from where did you adopt your pet?
- Pet’s background before coming to the shelter?
- How did you decide on adopting your pet?
- Describe your first interaction with your pet.
- What is a good early story about your relationship with your pet?
- Does your pet have any really odd, quirky behaviors?
- Is there a moment of which you were most proud of your pet?
- What is an interesting story about an experience your pet had?
- What are some of your greatest challenges with your pet?
- What makes your pet special?
- How has your pet exceeded your expectations?
- How have you changed the life of your pet?
- How has your pet changed you?
If you would like more information on how you can contribute a story or photo to the book, please drop us an e-mail .